UPDATE: At the first stop of his “Thank You” tour in Cincinnati, President-elect Donald Trump has confirmed that he will indeed nominate General James “Mad Dog” Mattis as Secretary of Defense. The official announcement will happen on Monday.
Legendary retired four-star General James “Mad Dog” Mattis is reportedly a leading candidate to be named by President-elect Donald Trump as the nation’s next Defense Secretary. The outspoken James Mattis is known for his straight-talking, Pattonesque style toughness that is refreshing in the age of millennial snowflakes looking for politically correct “safe spaces” where they are shielded from getting their feelings hurt.
General Mattis, a warrior, has no time for such politically correct nonsense, as you can see from ten of his famous quotes below. General Mattis, 66, retired in 2013 after serving 41 years in the U.S. Marines, including serving as the 11th commander of the U.S. Central Command from 2010-2013 and is lauded for his leadership of Marines in the 2004 Battle of Falluja.
If President-elect Trump wanted to end the political correctness that Obama has poisoned the U.S. military with, naming James Mattis as Secretary of Defense would be an excellent start.
Below are 10 badass quotes from “Mad Dog” Mattis in no particular order:
- “You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn’t wear a veil. You know, guys like that ain’t got no manhood left anyway. So it’s a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them. Actually, it’s quite fun to fight them, you know. It’s a hell of a hoot. It’s fun to shoot some people. I’ll be right up there with you. I like brawling.”
- “No war is over until the enemy says it’s over. We may think it over, we may declare it over, but in fact, the enemy gets a vote.”
- “The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.”
- “I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f–k with me, I’ll kill you all.”
- “I don’t lose any sleep at night over the potential for failure. I cannot even spell the word.”
- “There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”
- “There is nothing better than getting shot at and missed. It’s really great.”
- “The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event. That said, there are some assholes in the world that just need to be shot.”
- “Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
- “You cannot allow any of your people to avoid the brutal facts. If they start living in a dream world, it’s going to be bad.”
President-elect Trump met with General James Mattis on Saturday to discuss the Secretary of Defense position. Trump described Mattis as the “real deal” to reporters following the meeting and tweeted on on Sunday that Mattis was “impressive” and “a true general’s general!”
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis, who is being considered for Secretary of Defense, was very impressive yesterday. A true General's General!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 20, 2016
Ironically, General Mattis was courted by conservative “Never Trump” Republicans to launch a third-party presidential run against Donald Trump in the general election, an invitation that Mattis respectfully declined.