It’s not law yet, and it doesn’t cut overall spending that much. Nor does it significantly cut the deficit or come close to balancing the budget, which will never come under control until the 800 lb. elephant in the room — “entitlements” — are gutted dramatically.
And it doesn’t go as far as I would in slashing and burning the DC bureaucracy — largely unconstitutional — a giant sucking sound of redistribution of wealth from hardworking Americans to the blood-sucking leeches in the nation’s capitol.
With that being said, Rome wasn’t built in a day and I want to give major kudos to President Trump and his budget director Mick Mulvaney, a co-founder of the House Freedom Caucus, for their first proposed budget — a blueprint — that will eliminate funding from the following agencies if enacted, in alphabetical order:
- African Development Foundation
- Appalachian Regional Commission
- Chemical Safety Board
- Corporation for National and Community Service
- Corporation for Public Broadcasting
- Delta Regional Authority
- Denali Commission
- Institute of Museum and Library Services
- Inter-American Foundation
- U.S. Trade and Development Agency
- Legal Services Corporation
- National Endowment for the Arts
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- Neighborhood Reinvestment Corporation
- Northern Border Regional Commission
- Overseas Private Investment Corporation
- United States Institute of Peace
- United States Interagency Council on Homelessness
- Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars
Not cut, but eliminated. Not only is that music to my ears but I think I may need a cigarette right now if you know what I mean.
Notice most of these are either pushing progressive leftist narratives or sound like full-on communist front groups (U.S. Institute of Peace). I’m pretty sure no programs like these, including the horrific “National Endowment for the Arts,” which is literally anti-Christ, or the Corporation (which is not a corporation) for Public Broadcasting (PBS), which is America’s Pravda with a similar worldview as Russia’s “RT,” have been completely defunded since President Ronald Reagan.
As the budget outline says, it “reduces hundreds of programs” like those listed above, including a 31% haircut at the tyrannical EPA, which would tax air and fine you for breathing it if we’d let them get away with it.
Again, the overall effect on the budget is nill because of increases in other areas of the budget, but it’s still a small slice of nirvana to see that if these front groups want to continue, they’re going to have to go suck on the teet of George Soros instead of the American taxpayer.