Mr. Sanders, I have some questions about your “Medicare for All” healthcare plan:
- Your plan will require the elimination of the entire private health insurance industry that we currently use in this country. What do you say to the approximately 500,000 people and the hundreds of thousands that support the industry that will become unemployed under your proposal?
- What happens to all the assets, the buildings, office equipment, etc., of these companies you will force out of business?
- Once your plan is passed, stock prices of all the insurance companies that you will dissolve will no doubt, plummet. Will you reimburse to the shareholders, the billions of dollars that will be lost?
- The billing and claims system of the entire private healthcare industry will disappear once you enact your plan. How many billions of dollars will it require to replace it and re-train every healthcare provider in the country? Will you reimburse every doctor, hospital, and healthcare provider the funds they will have to spend for this replacement system?
- Expenditures from Medicare’s HI Trust Fund exceeded revenues by $23.8 billion in 2012. Without a policy change that would increase revenues or reduce expenditures, the surplus that has accumulated to the HI Trust Fund since the program’s inception will be depleted by 2026. Being that you will increase the number of people on Medicare by a factor of SIX, how can you ensure it will not go broke?
- It is a known fact that the health care received by Medicare patients is markedly superior compared to those patients receiving Medicaid. Medicaid is for lower income citizens. Will you allow them to switch to Medicare? If so, will you dismantle the Medicaid system? If not, are you not supporting a system of inequality?
- The private healthcare industry has directly or indirectly funded thousands of specialty care facilities and hospitals that provide specialized pediatric care, cancer care, cardiac care and other specialized care. Will those have to close under your plan? If not, will everybody be able to utilize them?
- Why isn’t dental care a right? Will you plan include dental care in your plan? If not, why?
- Physicians, Surgeons, Physician Assistants and other highly trained healthcare providers are paid very high salaries mostly due to the private healthcare system. Will they retain their salaries under your plan? If not, what incentive will there be to replace them once they’re gone?
- Under your plan no one will be without healthcare. That will mean 34 million people will now have a right to healthcare. Who will provide care for them? How will you train so many healthcare providers that will be needed to provide care for these new patients?
- What care will be available for the approximate 13 million undocumented immigrants in this country? Will your plan cover them? If so, how much will this cost? If not, why?
- The Affordable Care Act is mostly referred to as “ObamaCare”. Will your new plan be called “BernieCare”?
On the very slim chance you or anyone in your employ reads this, please post an answer to these questions on your website or Facebook page. Thank you.