Last week, the Republican frontrunner for the presidential nomination Donald Trump said that he may not attend the GOP Debate, scheduled to be held in Iowa and hosted by FOX News Thursday, January 28 because Megyn Kelly will be one of the moderators.
Trump has been very vocal about his belief that Megyn Kelly treated him unfairly during the GOP debate on FOX last year and does not believe that Kelly should be allowed to moderate for that reason.
He tweeted about it last week.
Based on @MegynKelly's conflict of interest and bias she should not be allowed to be a moderator of the next debate.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 23, 2016
On Tuesday morning, while being interviewed by Hillary Clinton’s pal George Stephanopoulos on ABC, Trump appeared to have changed his tune, now saying that he will probably attend. Specifically, when asked if he would participate in the debate, he said, “Well you could probably make that assumption, but I’m thinking about it.”
He did still take another opportunity to say some choice words about Kelly.
“I think she’s not a professional. I don’t think she’s a very talented person. I don’t think she is a good reporter. I think they could do a lot better than that. I love doing the debates. You know, I just do think they should get competent reporters. They shouldn’t use somebody like her. She’s not very good. She’s not very good at what she does, I will tell you that.”
For their part, FOX News does not appear to be willing to cave to Trump’s demand to take Megyn Kelly off of the moderators list. After his CNN interview during which he made the threat to sit out the debate and instead hold his own forum on a rival network, a spokesperson for FOX said, “Sooner or later Donald Trump, even if he’s president, is going to have to learn that he doesn’t get to pick the journalists — we’re very surprised he’s willing to show that much fear about being questioned by Megyn Kelly.”
h/t Truth Revolt