5 Questions to ask a Colorado Springs car accident lawyer
You suffered injuries in an unfortunate car accident in Colorado. What’s next? The immediate step after a crash is to pull over and check if someone needs medical attention. Even if your injuries don’t seem to be severe, see a doctor anyway, to get an opinion. Call 911 and don’t leave the scene until the police arrive. The next important aspect is to hire an experienced Colorado Springs car accident lawyer.
While you can file insurance claim on your own, hiring an attorney has many benefits. Your lawyer will investigate the matter to establish fault and liability, help with filing the insurance claim, and handle negotiations with the at-fault party’s insurer. Here are some questions to ask before you hire an accident lawyer.
- How often do you deal with car accident claims and lawsuits? The ambit of personal injury laws is huge. You need an attorney who deals with car accident claims, lawsuits and matters on a regular basis.
- What percentage of your cases go to trial? Most personal injury cases are settled outside of court. However, there is always a chance of trial, and you need to be prepared. Make sure that you hire an attorney with courtroom experience.
- What do you think of my case? That’s another valid question worth asking. At times, lawyers may advise clients on accepting whatever the insurance company is offering, because the expected settlement isn’t huge. Every car accident case is unique, so ask the attorney what they expect of the case.
- Will other attorneys work on my case? Law firms often have multiple personal injury attorneys working for them. The lawyer you may meet may not be the one handling your case. Make sure that you meet the lawyer who is working on the claim and investigation work.
- What is your fee? Depending on the facts of the case, a lawyer may take your car accident lawsuit on a contingency fee. This means that you don’t pay the lawyer if they don’t win. Make sure that you know all the costs related to the case, including investigation and litigation expenses.
A good car accident lawyer can ensure that the other party doesn’t shift the blame on you. They will also negotiate with the insurance company, and to the best extent, lawyers always try to settle car accident claims without going to court. A trial could be expensive for everyone involved. Meet an attorney soon after your accident.
I am Daisy Bell and a pro-level blogger with years of experience in writing for multiple industries. I have extensive knowledge of Food, Fitness, Healthcare, business, fashion, and many other popular niches. I have post graduated in arts and have a keen interest in traveling.