BBA Course – A Brief Guide
A BBA course is a graduate degree that will equip you with professional management qualification, allowing you to achieve positions in corporate leadership. A BBA course is constructed in sync with the Indian economy and the demands of companies.
A BBA course opens up numerous doors of opportunities for those who seek opportunities in big corporate firms. In this article, you will learn the what and how of a BBA course. From eligibility, career options to the best colleges for BBA, this will serve as a brief guide to a BBA course.
What is a BBA course?
A BBA course is a 3 year undergraduate program that equips you with skills fit for the corporate world. As you may already know, BBA stands for Bachelor of Business Administration which opens up numerous avenues in the field of sales, marketing, finance, operations, digital marketing as well as business analytics.
Eligibility for a BBA course
While the eligibility criteria for a BBA course varies from one college to another, here is the general criteria that is applicable to most BBA aspirants:
- You must have passed high school with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks (some relaxation is given to SC/ST candidates).
- You may belong to any stream: science, commerce, or arts.
Specializations for a BBA course
You may be wondering whether you can have access to as many specializations as you do for an MBA. And the answer to that question is a big YES! BBA specializations are meant to streamline your skills and knowledge in a field of your interest. Here are the specializations for a BBA course offered by most colleges:
- BBA in Marketing
- BBA in Finance
- BBA in Sales
- BBA in Digital Marketing
- BBA in HR
- BBA in IT
- BBA in Banking
Job roles after a BBA course
One of the primary reasons for a BBA course is that it is able to provide you the assurance of lucrative jobs right after your graduation. On the basis of the specialisation you choose here are few of the job opportunities you may have as a BBA graduate:
- Marketing Executive: As a marketing executive, you will be responsible for designing and managing marketing campaigns to promote the company’s products and services.
- Human Resource Executive: As an HR executive, you will be in charge of the HR department’s primary duties which include personnel management, social welfare, and employee record keeping.
- Business Development Executive: As a BDE, you will be in charge of the company’s growth. The core responsibility of a business development executive is to recognise new prospects and leads in order to promote the organization’s sales and services.
- Operations Executive: As an Operations Executive, you will be responsible for supervising activities that take place throughout the manufacturing of goods and services.
- R&D Executive– You will be responsible for researching and developing new products and bringing variation.
Top 3 colleges for a BBA course
Christ University, Bangalore
Situated in Bangalore, Christ University offers every facility possible to BBA aspirants. Christ is the hub of learning and innovation which reflects in its remarkable placement records. Top MNC’s visit the college every year for placements which results in graduates leaving with flying colors. The campus is furnished with state-of-the-art infrastructure with a great ambience.
From a sprawling sports grounds, to a rich library, and tech-led classrooms, Christ is one of the best B-schools in India.
Amity is a name you are sure to have heard numerous times owing to an incredible brand value that the institute has built for itself. Acting as a magnet to top recruiters in the industry, Amity boasts a fantastic placement record where BBA graduates have landed themselves in top corporate positions internationally too. Amity’s includes 11 campuses in India and one in Dubai. It is an institute of international stature, and even without a special global exposure program, students can have an experience of the global market. The institute focuses on practical work-oriented learning that is conducive for growth even after placement.
JECRC University offers a unique BBA degree in collaboration with Sunstone Eduversity. As one of the leading placement catalysts in the country, Sunstone already has 400+ recruiters on board. As part of JECRC University’s BBA course, you can also opt for the Global Immersion Program and visit Singapore, Dubai, or Malaysia.
You also have the option to pay the course fee in installments only after securing a placement. This is called the Pay After Placement model which makes you financially independent while allowing you to enjoy the amazing infrastructure and facilities at JECRC University.
A BBA course has become one of the most desired management courses available in India due to a fantastic career graph that it can potentially offer. It’s demanded not only in the Indian higher education scenario, but also overseas. It is imperative that you make the right choice by choosing the right BBA specialization and college for yourself!