Why Do Visas Get Rejected? Here Are The Common Reasons For Visa Rejection
Getting a visa is necessary if you intend to travel to any other country. It functions as a document that allows you to visit the mentioned country for a certain period (as applied). Therefore, taking the visa application process seriously and thoroughly preparing before your visa interview is necessary.
Multiple factors can contribute to a visa rejection. Read on to learn everything about the various visa rejection reasons.
Common reasons for visa rejection –
There are a variety of potential causes for visa denial. The visa application process is rigorous, as every detail gets examined and compared to several types of documentary evidence.
Here are some of the most common visa rejection reasons –
- Incomplete application: Your visa application may be denied if the required fields are blank. It may be wise to take your time and submit every detail accurately.
- Violation of rules: All applicants must adhere to the regulations while applying for a visa. Including providing all the documentary evidence as stated to avoid any instances of visa rejection.
- Incomplete travel details: You must submit your travel plan during your visa application process. Provide the mentioned data to the immigration department to avoid any inconvenience:
- The list of countries you may visit.
- Timings & the duration of the journey.
- Documents supporting the information of flights, hotel bookings, etc.
- Insufficient travel insurance: Multiple countries have a mandatory requirement for travel insurance for all immigrants or tourists who enter the country. Not having international travel insurance can be one of the common reasons for visa rejections. If you’re traveling with a senior citizen, a group etc., you must have travel insurance for senior citizens to show the authorities.
- Unclear purpose of travel: Your purpose of travelling to a foreign country is a crucial aspect of the visa application process. The visa officials may probe into a better understanding of your visit reason.
- Passport issues: A passport is a mandatory document to travel to another country. Therefore, it’s necessary to show an active passport to verify the visa application.
- Application timings: You must carefully plan the timing of your visa application process. There are various kinds of visas, each of which takes an additional processing time.
- Insufficient funds: Travelling to a foreign country requires considerable funds. Hence, financial stability and availability to bear the trip’s expenses can be essential.
- Background history: Your history can significantly impact the visa application process. The authorities managing the visa application process may conduct a thorough background check before issuing the visa.
- The credibility of the sponsor: Several travellers out there have a sponsor to fund their trip. These sponsors are affluent people with the funds to bear the cost of the trip for any other dependents. The authorities can check the following information about your sponsor during the visa verification process:
- The legal status of the person.
- The annual income, with the data for the source of income.
- The taxes paid by the person.
- Return to the country: Your intent to return to the country can also impact the visa application process. You must provide the necessary proof to substantiate that you would be travelling back to your native country post your purpose of travel.
- Records in the destination country: Your background in the country you want to travel to can impact the visa application status if you have been there before.
- Health issues: The visa rejection may occur if you have an infectious disease or do not have a particular vaccine that the government of the country you are visiting has made compulsory.
- Visa interview gone wrong: The visa interview process can be the most critical step of the visa application.
‘Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.‘
Jeff Morgan is currently associated with NetworksGrid as a technical content writer. Through his long years of experience in the IT industry, he has mastered the art of writing quality, engaging and unique content related to IT solutions used by businesses. Topics like network security, managed firewall services, managed IT services and cloud computing like Best QuickBooks desktop hosting are his favorite.