Tips to Manage the Cost of Diabetes Care
Living with a chronic disease like diabetes is not easy. The treatment requires on-going medication, therapies, doctor’s visits, and a healthy diet. No doubts, it has a huge cost. Due to increasing medical inflation, diabetes management can be a costly affair for many. Earlier, health insurance companies did not cover diabetes. Fortunately, at present leading companies like Care Health Insurance, ICICI Lombard, Go Digit, IFFCO Tokio, etc., provide health insurance for diabetics. So, read how with some quick tips and medical insurance, you can manage the cost of diabetes care:
Quick Tips to Manage Your Diabetes Care Cost
Below are some of the tips to Manage your diabetes cost:
1. Regular Monitoring
Keep a check on your blood glucose and monitor it regularly. This habit keeps you away from the situation where you have to rush to the doctor in an emergency if it goes up or down and pays hefty hospital charges.
2. Wake up Early
Early risers can effectively control their sugar levels. You get enough time to start your day with lemon water or any other healthy beverage. Go for a walk to enjoy the morning bliss. Morning walks are beneficial for diabetic patients.
3. Eat Timely
If you eat right and timely, your body gets enough time to churn that extra glucose and give you the right amount of insulin. Eating late in the night or more quantity at one time creates problems that increase your doctor visit and medicine intake. So, if you want to cut over your medicine cost, follow the strict diet schedule.
4. Say No
Learn to say no to junk food, alcohol, smoking, and late-night parties. They all are responsible for creating an imbalance in blood glucose. So try to avoid them if you really want to stay in the pinkest of your health without financial stress.
How is Diabetes Health Insurance Helpful?
Read below how health insurance for diabetics is helpful to manage the cost of diabetes care:
- Offer cashless hospitalization facility during a medical emergency and planned hospitalization in the network hospitals
- Provide coverage for in-patient hospitalization, pre and post hospitalization, domiciliary hospitalization, and AYUSH (Ayurveda, Unani, Sidha, Homeopathy) treatment
- Coverage for diabetes, hypertension, thyroid, and other pre-existing diseases
- Provide coverage for on-going treatment, medication, therapies, and dialysis
- Offer coverage for advanced treatment, daycare treatment, and alternate treatments.
- Annual health check-ups help to keep track of the diabetic patient’s health. It includes tests such as Sugar test, BP Test, Kidney Function Test, CT scan, Urine Test, and Heart Check-up, etc.
- Avail of tax benefit under section 80D of the Income Tax Act of India 1961.
Top Health Insurance Companies Offer Health Insurance for Diabetics
Below is the nifty list of different diabetes plans for your reference:
|Company||Eligibility||Network Hospitals||Sum Insured|
|Aditya Birla Activ Health Enhanced Plan||Type 1 and Type 2||6000+||2 lac|
|Star Health Diabetes Safe||Diabetes Mellitus Type 2||7900+||3 lac to 10 lac|
|HDFC Ergo Energy Health Insurance Plan||Type 2 Diabetes||10000+||2 lac to 10 lac|
|Care Freedom Health Insurance||Insulin Dependent||8250+||3 lac to 10 lac|
You can check the detailed plans available on their official websites and opt for the best health insurance company in India.
At the End!
Do not allow diabetes to wipe off your savings and hard-earned money. With the above quick tips and health insurance for diabetics, you can manage the cost of diabetes care indeed.